Developing and supporting community and competition level coaches in BC.
Curling coaches are community leaders who can inspire passion for sport and physical activity. They mentor young athletes to develop essential life skills, as well as help them realize their potential. Participating in coach education significantly increases a coach’s confidence in their abilities. Having trained coaches is one of the key factors that contributes to a quality sport experience.
- Curl BC is committed to ensuring coaching education meets curling centres’ and curlers’ needs and is best in class.
- The Competition Coach stream is for coaches and volunteers working with teams participating in playdown events.
- The Community Coach stream is for volunteers and coaches working with individuals at your curling facility.
- If you would like to host either a Competition Coach Course or one of the Community Coach Courses (Club or Club Coach Youth) please fill out this form HERE
**NEW** Coach Developer Recruitment Campaign: Any Competition Certified Coach or Competition Development Certified Coach interested in becoming a Learning Facilitator or a coach Evaluator please view our Coach Mentorship and Development Page for a full description and an application link.
- Education and Youth Development Manager Paul Cseke
- For inquiries about coach training, certification, and maintenance email firstname.lastname@example.org
- all Coach training and certification is through the NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Coach Development Coordinator Karen Watson
- Works with Kim Dennis to ensure Curl BC meets the coach training standards set by the CAC (Coaching Association of Canada) and Curling Canada.
- Contact Karen Watson for any inquiries about Coach Development.
Unsure of your coach certification details? Look up your NCCP Coaching transcript online on the Coaches Association of Canada’s database; the locker