Curl BC offers two levels of officiating courses to train officials for regional and provincial events. Courses can be requested by a host committee based on the officiating requirements presented by the curling association in charge of the event, the availability of trained officials in the community, and the needs of the committee. Each level consists of a six-hour course and a practical component working for six games under a certified level 3 head official at a fully officiated event. (Note – levels 4 and 5 are a part of the national Curling Canada program.)
* Must be 16 years old to take officiating courses.
Both the Level 1 and Level 2 Officiating Courses fees include rule book, officiating manual, Curling Canada Certification, and taxes.
- Level 1 Officiating Course: $45.00 Curl BC Member, $55.00 Non-Member
- Level 2 Officiating Course: $45.00 Curl BC Member, $55.00 Non-Member
Curl BC is also offering pro-rated fees for those officials that would like to attend a level 1 or level 2 workshop again.
- Level 1 Officiating Course Refresher: $15.00 Curl BC Member, $20.00 non-member
Level 2 Officiating Course Refresher: $15.00 Curl BC Member, $20.00 non-member
* Refresher attendees must have previously completed the relevant course. This will be cross referenced with Curl BC and Curling Canada records.
In order to become a certified official individuals must have attended the Level 1 and/or Level 2 course and fulfilled the practical experience requirements. Upon completion of the practical requirements officials can submit their information to Curl BC via mail, fax, email, or through the online links below: