Our House is Your House.
Active, fun and social, the Curl BC community promotes, develops and supports curling throughout British Columbia.
Curling is an integral part of the lifestyle, culture and heritage of British Columbia.
Family: We are a community that acts like a family; connected and passionate about the sport of curling.
Excellence: We are committed to meeting or exceeding the highest standards at all times.
Commitment: We align personal and corporate goals so that the Curl BC community will successfully serve all curlers.
Integrity: We are fair, consistent and forthright.
Respect: We show respect by communicating, cooperating and collaborating with all of our members, partners and stakeholders.
Transparency: We act openly, professionally and inclusively.
END 1: MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
Curl BC serves as an advocate for the curling industry in BC, working with its members to act as a collective by sharing best practices, support services and educational programming.
- Engage with and provide support to member facilities across BC and ensure they are aware of the benefits of membership
- Build collaborative working relationships with members and other internal audiences.
- Ensure educational programming meets member facilities’ and curlers’ needs and continues to be “best in class.”
END 2: PARTNERSHIPS
All levels of government, business and the media – along with other like-minded community organizations – embrace curling as an integral part of the BC community.
- Maximize access to annual and one-time grants from the Provincial & Federal Governments
- Maximize matching infrastructure grants from all 3 levels of government
- Advocate for curling in BC
- Create more awareness of opportunities to increase fundraising for curling in BC.
2.3 Corporate Sponsorship
- Maximize revenue and fully sold out program
- Include direct benefits to member clubs
2.4 External Communications
- Continue to build collaborative working relationships with external organizations and media.
- Raise curling’s profile in BC and build our audience.
END 3: PARTICIPATION
Curl BC collaborates with member curling centres to develop and grow curling as a Sport for Life.
3.1 Youth Development (U15 – Fundamentals, Learn to Train)
- Increase youth participation in the sport of curling at all levels, from new curlers to developing strong recreational and/or competitive curlers
3.2 Youth Athlete Retention (U18 – Learn to Train)
- Facilitate the growth of the sport by ensuring there are opportunities for young curlers to progress beyond introductory leagues.
3.3 Provincial and Regional Marketing Plan for Participation & Inclusion (Active for Life)
- Together with member facilities, create significant increases in interest and engagement in curling in BC for both able-bodied and disabled/adaptive curling.
END 4: PERFORMANCE
Guided in their pursuit of the podium pathway by Curl BC regional and provincial programming, committed performance curlers will realize their full potential and thereby help inspire the next generation of curlers.
4.1 Athlete Development & Achievement (Train to Train, Train to Compete and Train to Win)
- Create and provide a culture of excellence through training and development opportunities for identified athletes
- Enhance and guide teams to podium performances at national and international competitions
4.2 Competitions Marketing Plan
- Ensure playdowns meet Curl BC’s guidelines
- Ensure BC Championships are well organizedand consistent with the Curl BC brand.
- Leverage national and international curling events hosted in BC
4.3 Coach Development
- Have high quality coaches working with BC’s competitive curling teams.
- Maintain a highly qualified group of consultant coaches