Buy and sell curling equipment, post a job or find your new team.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to advertise in the Curl BC classifieds. This service is free for Curl BC members and costs $30/month for non-members. This is an information service only. Although Curl BC welcomes postings, it is up to the individuals to contact each other directly. Curl BC has not verified any information posted here.
Job Opportunity - Chief Engineer - Richmond Curling Centre
JOB POSTING – RICHMOND CURLING CLUB
FACILITY OPERATIONS CHIEF ENGINEER
The Richmond Curing Club is a well established active curling club with 8 sheets of ice and a membership of all ages and abilities in Richmond, BC.
Reporting to the Board of Directors through the Club Management Committee.
Primary responsibilities are to coordinate:
- The installation, repairs and maintenance of the ice plant
- The installation, removal and maintenance of 8 sheets of curling ice from the start of September to the end of April.
- All inside and outside facility maintenance, repairs and installations including building systems and parking lot.
Position is permanent 12 month full-time with a flexible and variable schedule.
Starting Date: Sept 1/20
- Certified Refrigerator Operator or Fourth Class Power Engineer
- Ability to work with and take direction from a volunteer Club Management Committee
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective physical plant and building operating procedures and processes
- Excellent understanding of all governing regulatory requirements and applicable codes
- Ability to maintain an inventory of fixed and freestanding equipment
- Ability to install, maintain and record plant, equipment and building maintenance and repairs
- Ability to make written report to the Club Maintenance Committee re plant
- status, equipment and building
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to supervise and schedule maintenance staff and volunteers
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work shifts and be on call for emergency
- Experience with ice-making and maintenance including installation and removal an asset
- Certified Ice Maker would be an asset or willingness to become certified
- Good understanding of the sport of curling would be an asset
This is a salaried permanent full-time position and will be determined by the skills experience and knowledge of the successful candidate.
Please reply via email with resume to:
Lorraine Warn, President, Richmond Curling Club
Two sets of rocks needed - Atlin
Atlin Curling Club is in search of two sets of curling rocks for a two-sheet curling facility. Anyone who is selling used rocks in good condition is asked to contact Lynn Turnbull at the club based in northern BC (near the Yukon border). Email email@example.com
Plastic curling ice headers - Prince George area
Like-new curling ice headers. They were originally installed in the Bear Lake Curling rink but the rink was torn down before they ever had liquid in them. They have been stored properly in a workshop ever since.
- 4 heavy duty plastic curling ice headers
- 15’ long 4 ½” OD-3 7/8” ID
- Heavy duty nipples every 6”
- End caps and some elbows and short pieces of pipe.
Make an offer
Possibility of having them delivered depending on where you are.
Call John Elmquist – 250 962-4909.
Certified Coaches Required - Vancouver
The Vancouver Curling Club is looking for certified coaches (minimum club coach certification) to join our roster of coaches who instruct rental groups and in our learn-to-curl programs. Availability during the day on weekdays and at any time on Saturdays is especially helpful. Most sessions are two hours long and payment is $25 per hour. If you are interested, please contact Richard Brower at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shirley Mann at email@example.com or call us at 604-874-0122.
Club Coach/Instructors Required - Richmond
Richmond Curling Centre is seeking instructors for our public rental program. You will be sharing your passion for the sport of curling by providing learn-to-curl experiences to a variety of rental groups, from school-aged children to adults.
- Provide a fun, respectful, and inclusive atmosphere
- Work with groups of up to 16 people of varying age and skill level to introduce curling basics: safety, delivery, sweeping, rules, scoring, strategy etc.
- Respond in a timely manner regarding availability for coaching opportunities
Club Coach/Instructor certification required. This is an on-call contract position with a competitive honorarium provided ($50 per 2 hour session). If you are interested in joining our roster of available instructors, please email details of your training, experience, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rinkmaster scraper for sale - Campbell River
Looking for boot cleaner - Gibsons Curling Club
The Gibsons Curling Club is looking to find a used Boot Boy or Boot Cleaner for this coming season.
Please contact the club at 604-886-7512 or email email@example.com
Royal City Curling Club seeking coaches for junior program
The Royal City Curling Club (RCCC) in New Westminster BC is seeking trained coaches for our Junior Curling Program. Our program, which runs on Saturdays between early October and mid-March, focuses on teaching our junior curlers the fundamental skills.
We have a wide range of ages and skill levels, from Little Rocks (starting at 6 years old) to Juniors (up to age 18). Curlers may be starting their competitive curling careers or may be learning the skills they need to curl for life.
Hollyburn Country Club seeking Curling Coaches
Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business. Located in the beautiful British Properties in West Vancouver, the club is a short 5 minute drive from Park Royal or a bus right to the front door.
Our Athletics department is currently looking for contract curling coaches to join the team.
- Provide a fun, respectful, and inclusive atmosphere for groups or individuals using the curling facility
- Work with groups of up to 16 people of varying age and skill level to introduce curling basics: safety, delivery, sweeping, rules, scoring, etc.
- Be able to explain basic curling strategy and help more advanced curlers implement strategy into their game
- Respond in a timely manner regarding availability for coaching opportunities
- Candidates must be able to work week nights and weekends as required.
- Candidates for the Contract Curling Coach position will need to have coached beginner curlers for at least 2 seasons.
- NCCP Club Coach Certification is an asset but not vital. Individuals who are not NCCP certified will be vetted by our in-house coaching team.
- Candidates must have strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- You agree to get a Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search at your local Police Department immediately upon being hired — you will be reimbursed for this expense in full.
- You currently live the values of the HCC Staff Team: being Powered ON or energized at all times; display a Service First attitude (excellent customer service skills); and create FOMO (the fear of missing out) in your daily interactions.
- You consistently display evidence of the following key characteristics required for optimal delivery of customer service to members, guests, and staff: (1) enthusiasm, (2) teamwork, (3) initiative, (4) adaptability, (5) empathy, and (6) accountability.
- You go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members.
- Free on-site parking
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Development and educational opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- Seasonal staff team building events & activities
- Exclusive access to Facebook At Work©, our new internal communication tool for HCC Staff
- Staff discount in the Sports Boutique
Sounds like Hollyburn Country Club will be a great fit for you?
Apply today! Please send your cover letter and resume to the Hiring Manager for this role:
Hiring Manager’s Name & Position: Jessica Katzin
Hiring Manager’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your time — We look forward to hearing from you!
Electric ice shaver for sale
Merritt Curling Club is selling an Ice King Super electric ice shaver. Price is $4,000 with a blade or $2,500 without a blade. Contact Paul Montgomery at 250-378-3975 for more information.