Buy and sell curling equipment, post a job or find your new team.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to advertise in the Curl BC classifieds. This service is free for Curl BC members and costs $30/month for non-members. This is an information service only. Although Curl BC welcomes postings, it is up to the individuals to contact each other directly. Curl BC has not verified any information posted here.
Port Moody Curling Club seeks part-time manager
The Port Moody Curling Club is a vibrant curling club with 6 sheets of curling ice and a growing membership of approximately 650 active members of all ages and abilities.
Download the full job description here: PMCC Club Manager advertisement (PDF)
You will be required to liaise and maintain positive and productive relationships with the City, league members, external groups, as well as communicate curling ice quality with city staff. Your duties will include overseeing the scheduling of leagues and bonspiels, lounge rentals, and liaising with user groups to ensure setup requirements for leagues and bonspiels are met. You will also be required to maintain the Club’s website, registration system, and practice ice schedule, and develop and distribute newsletters to help promote the Club, its members and activities.
While responsibilities cover the full year, the seasonal nature of the Club requires the Club Manager to work a flexible and variable schedule, depending on the time of year.
Target start date: March 1, 2020
Hourly rate: $25/hour
● Experience with municipal and volunteer associations.
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
● Is highly motivated and a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset.
● Well-developed business management and leadership experience in customer or member-focussed organizations.
● Proven track record of establishing effective operating procedures and processes
● Is adaptable to, and comfortable with, a variable daily, weekly, and monthly work schedule, including occasional weekends and evenings.
● Familiarity with the sport of curling (as a curler or curling enthusiast) is an asset.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Terri Evans, President, email@example.com
A review of applications will begin on January 31, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.
Rinkmaster scraper for sale - Campbell River
Looking for boot cleaner - Gibsons Curling Club
The Gibsons Curling Club is looking to find a used Boot Boy or Boot Cleaner for this coming season.
Please contact the club at 604-886-7512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Royal City Curling Club seeking coaches for junior program
The Royal City Curling Club (RCCC) in New Westminster BC is seeking trained coaches for our Junior Curling Program. Our program, which runs on Saturdays between early October and mid-March, focuses on teaching our junior curlers the fundamental skills.
We have a wide range of ages and skill levels, from Little Rocks (starting at 6 years old) to Juniors (up to age 18). Curlers may be starting their competitive curling careers or may be learning the skills they need to curl for life.
Hollyburn Country Club seeking Curling Coaches
Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business. Located in the beautiful British Properties in West Vancouver, the club is a short 5 minute drive from Park Royal or a bus right to the front door.
Our Athletics department is currently looking for contract curling coaches to join the team.
- Provide a fun, respectful, and inclusive atmosphere for groups or individuals using the curling facility
- Work with groups of up to 16 people of varying age and skill level to introduce curling basics: safety, delivery, sweeping, rules, scoring, etc.
- Be able to explain basic curling strategy and help more advanced curlers implement strategy into their game
- Respond in a timely manner regarding availability for coaching opportunities
- Candidates must be able to work week nights and weekends as required.
- Candidates for the Contract Curling Coach position will need to have coached beginner curlers for at least 2 seasons.
- NCCP Club Coach Certification is an asset but not vital. Individuals who are not NCCP certified will be vetted by our in-house coaching team.
- Candidates must have strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- You agree to get a Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search at your local Police Department immediately upon being hired — you will be reimbursed for this expense in full.
- You currently live the values of the HCC Staff Team: being Powered ON or energized at all times; display a Service First attitude (excellent customer service skills); and create FOMO (the fear of missing out) in your daily interactions.
- You consistently display evidence of the following key characteristics required for optimal delivery of customer service to members, guests, and staff: (1) enthusiasm, (2) teamwork, (3) initiative, (4) adaptability, (5) empathy, and (6) accountability.
- You go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members.
- Free on-site parking
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Development and educational opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- Seasonal staff team building events & activities
- Exclusive access to Facebook At Work©, our new internal communication tool for HCC Staff
- Staff discount in the Sports Boutique
Sounds like Hollyburn Country Club will be a great fit for you?
Apply today! Please send your cover letter and resume to the Hiring Manager for this role:
Hiring Manager’s Name & Position: Jessica Katzin
Hiring Manager’s email address: email@example.com
*No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your time — We look forward to hearing from you!
Electric ice shaver for sale
Merritt Curling Club is selling an Ice King Super electric ice shaver. Price is $4,000 with a blade or $2,500 without a blade. Contact Paul Montgomery at 250-378-3975 for more information.