Buy and sell curling equipment, post a job or find your new team.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to advertise in the Curl BC classifieds. This service is free for Curl BC members and costs $30/month for non-members. This is an information service only. Although Curl BC welcomes postings, it is up to the individuals to contact each other directly. Curl BC has not verified any information posted here.
Part-Time Ice Technician - Richmond Curling Club
PART-TIME ICE TECHNICAN
The Richmond Curling Club is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Ice Technician, to work with and report to our Head Ice Technician, to join our team for the 2022/2023 curling season. This is a seasonal position.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work under the direction of the Head Ice Technician
- Work with the office and administrative staff, members, curlers and volunteers as required.
- Ensure that the sheets of curling ice are clean and maintained
- Assisting Customers with Pro Shop inquires and sales
- Assist with installation, removal, and maintenance of curling ice
- Assist with all facility installations, repairs and maintenance projects as required
- Insure the build is maintained, cleaned and areas are sanitized
- Banquet setups and clean ups
- Ice Technician Certification level 1 or 2
- Refrigeration Operator Certificate an asset
- Must be Bondable
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Seasonal Part-time (September to April)
- 16 to 32 hours per week
- To be paid bi-weekly
- Financial compensation depending on experience
Please email resume and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Part-time Ice Technician
Closing Date: June 15, 2022
General Manager - Salmon Arm Curling Club
GENERAL MANAGER – SALMON ARM CURLING CLUB
The Salmon Arm Curling Club is housed within the City of Salmon Arm, British Columbia – the “Sunny Shuswap’s” largest urban centre that boasts a small-town charm despite a trading area population of over 40,000. The Salmon Arm Curling Club has an exemplary reputation and has hosted many local, provincial, and national events. It has extremely active day leagues and evening leagues run five nights a week. The Club has 6 sheets of curling ice, over 400 members, a members’ lounge, concession, and a pro shop. The curling season runs from early October to the end of March and the facility is available to rent for special events year-round.
The Club’s General Manager reports to the Board of the Salmon Arm Curling Club, receiving direction from the President and working closely with the Treasurer. Additionally, the General Manager is required to maintain positive and productive relationships with the City of Salmon Arm, Curl BC, Club Members, sponsors, venue users and other external groups.
This is a seasonal position that runs from approximately mid-September to mid-April annually. The General Manager can expect to work long hours during the curling season.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the facility, including lounge operations and venue rentals
- Provide personnel leadership, including staffing, scheduling, and training
- Oversee fiscal management of the Club
- Coordinate advertisement and sponsorship programs and prepare applications for public funding to support Club operations
- Market and promote the Club, encouraging member growth and facility rentals
- Support and assist the Board of Directors to plan and facilitate the annual curling calendar
Related experience and a proven track record in two or more of the following
- Sport club facility and program management
- Event and venue management
- Licensed facility operation
- People Leadership – recruitment, supervision, performance management
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including use of current social media platforms
- Understand the basic operation of an indoor curling facility (knowledge of ice making is an asset)
- Participation in the sport of curling, at any level, is desirable
A Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check are mandatory prior to any confirmation of employment.
CLOSING DATE: June 1, 2022
DESIRED START DATE: early September 2022
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: Commensurate with experience
COVID-19 considerations: Employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and a cover letter via email to: email@example.com
Building and Ice Manager - Kelowna Curling Club
The Kelowna Curling Club, is currently seeking a Building and Ice Manager for the 2022/23 season and beyond. This person is primarily responsible for the building and maintaining of 12 sheets of high standard curling ice and a world class facility. The Kelowna Curling Club is one of the largest clubs in the World and has over 1,000 members. We are a year-round facility, with high expectations.
– Installation and removal of 12 sheets of curling ice.
– Maintain a high standard of curling ice.
– Keep ice and building clean
– Hire, train, schedule and supervise ice and building staff
– Respond to ice plant alarms
– Regular ice plant checks
– Janitorial and maintenance as required around the facility
– Set-up, tear down and clean up for special events
– Assist with ice operational budget
– Oversee outside contract work
– Work in consulation with GM and staff in regards to ice and event schedules
– Transporting liquor deliveries to lounge
– Other odd jobs as assigned by the GM
Education & Experience
- Refrigeration Operators Certificate an asset
- Level 2 Ice Technician and asset Minimum 5 years-experience in ice making with experience in competition ice preferred
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Excellent customer service skill
- Flexible in schedule as weekends, weekdays, and evenings are required.
- First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
Criminal Record Check
This is a year-round position and salary will be based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Building and Ice Manager’ in the subject line by June 1st, 2022. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Head Ice Technician - Summerland Curling Club
Job Title: Head Ice Technician
Job Type: Contract Position running from approximately Oct 1 to March 31 annually
Start Date: Flexible (ice must be ready by Thanksgiving weekend)
The Head Ice Technician will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Installation of the ice before the season begins (including flooding, painting, placing houses, and in-ice logos)
- Ice maintenance, which includes scraping, pebbling, and nipping before regular league play and as required for bonspiels and other events, possible flooding as required
- Maintain a log of ice conditions and equipment maintenance
- Protect, maintain, and repair all ice making equipment, supplies and curling stones in consultation with the curling club President.
- Experience with texturing stones is a definite asset.
- Hire, train, and supervise assistant ice crew
- The Contractor will coordinate the ordering, purchasing, and receiving of all supplies required by the lounge, such as beer, wine, hard liquor & snacks.
- The Contractor will perform regular cleaning activities such as vacuuming carpets and general cleanup in the viewing area downstairs, the lounge area upstairs and in the curling ice walk area.
- Remove ice, and facility clean-up at the end of the season
- Work with District of Summerland staff, and other team members to coordinate ice installation and removal and to ensure safety, care, and maintenance of the facility
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience as a Head Ice Technician at a curling facility.
- Level 2 or 3 Ice Technician Certificate.
- First Aid/AED Certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to October 2022)
- Ability to work flexible hours, ie: evenings and weekends as necessary
- Preference given to candidates with experience in curling
- Criminal record check
Please submit resumes to email@example.com by May 31, 2022
General Manager/Ice Maker - Nelson Curling Centre
Job title: General Manager/Ice Maker
Location: Nelson Curling Club – Nelson BC
Terms: Seasonal – Full time, October to April
Salary/rate: $33 to $40 / hr – depending on experience
About us: The Nelson Curling Club has been in operation for over 100 years. It is a very active and vibrant club with a dedicated membership.
About the role: Under the direction of the Nelson Curling Club Executive, the General Manager position entails the management of the overall NCC building and operations. This included the responsibilities related to managing the ice plant and related equipment, and to maintain the quality curling ice surface through the curling season.
• Installation and maintenance of the ice area ensuring that the ice is prepared appropriately for all leagues, bonspiels, practice sessions, camps, clinics and at other times as advised.
• Supervise volunteers helping with the ice.
• Operating the ice plant to maintain a high-quality ice surface
• Maintain a schedule of required inspections of the ice plant.
• To maintain all supplies needed for the ice area.
• Advise the Board of Directors on long term plans and/ or improvements as needed.
• Shut down of the facility at the end of the season.
• Developing and implementing all operating procedures to ensure a smooth operation of the club.
• Food and beverage management: Efficiently manage regular bar services for the club and work with outside caterers for special events to ensure a quality delivery of services.
• Manage club expenses and report all transactions to the bookkeeper.
• Ensure the building and arena are maintained and operated in a safe, and efficient manner, complying with relevant government regulations.
• Report monthly to the Board of Directors on overall functioning of the centre.
• Work with the board to advertise the club, promote club activities, generate interest and access funding possibilities.
• Refrigeration Operator Certificate – an asset
• Certification in the Canadian Curling Association Ice Technician Training – an asset
• Serving it Right Certification
• Accounting and finance experience.
• Food and Beverage experience.
• Willingness to learn, and a strong working relationship with the club directors and general membership.
Contact us to apply
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ice Technician & Facility Assistant - Marpole Curling Club
Position: Ice Technician & Facility Assistant
Marpole Curling Club
8730 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC
The successful candidate needs to be reliable and punctual, work well with minimum supervision, have an even temperament and be a team player.
Major job Description:
Installation and daily maintenance of curling ice, monitoring of facility and management of ice staff starting in August for 2022-23 season.
Qualifications for the job:
Curl Canada Level 1 Ice Technician
Curl Canada Level 2 Ice technician
Curl BC Level 1 Club Coach Instruction (or equivalent)
Minimum 2 years’ experience
Ability to lift and carry 60 pounds
Drivers Licence and Vehicle required for pick ups and errands as required
Occupational First Aid
Review the safety manual for all work procedures – ie ammonia evacuation, bump tests, draining chiller oil, spills, etc.
Duties and responsibilities
Installation of curing ice for a mutually agreed upon early September opening.
Daily ice maintenance as necessary, including scraping, cleaning and pebbling as well as recognizing the need for extra measures to provide consistent curl, consistent keenness, cleanliness and safety of the ice surface.
Maintenance of all equipment relevant to the ice making process.
Maintain curler amenities in ice area including drinking water, tissues, garbage containers, etc.
Ensure walkways are vacuumed regularly and kept tidy and ice equipment are stored safely in their proper places.
Prepare ice for special events such as bonspiels and special competitions.
Training, scheduling and supervision of all assistant ice staff.
Daily upkeep of preventative logs and manuals for the ice plant including visual plant room inspection with temperature and pressure readings.
Weekly checks on compressor oil as needed
Complete Bump tests, draining of chiller oil and organize Legionella testing as required.
Regular ice operations report for the Board of Directors meetings, regular communication with Manager and active participation in Ice Committee (or equivalent).
Co-ordinate with the Manager regarding staff instructional requirements for rentals, perform basic instruction, assist or lead rental groups, and or supervision or schedule staff accordingly while minimalizing costs.
Responsible to shut down the ice plant and clean rink area after the conclusion of the curling season and ensure the proper storage of rocks and equipment.
Other Club Responsibilities
Maintain and/or ensure that club housekeeping/ daily checklists are completed and sanitizing of high touch surfaces are focussed on.
Meet regularly with the Club Manager to discuss operations, strategy and policy and discuss any expenditure over $500.
Under the direction of the Club Manager, be responsible for coordinating maintenance or repairs of other equipment and building.
Understand and effectively manage organizational resources (people, materials, assets, budgets) through measurement, planning and control of resources to maximize results.
Ordering and collecting of cleaning supplies including tissues, paper towels etc.
Be able to help in the daily operations of the club, if needed, including but not limited to pro shop sales, fee collection and general inquires.
Other reasonable duties as required by the club Manager such as:
1. Assisting with set up of pro shop at beginning of season and inventories at end of season.
2. Weekly lounge clean-up (typically Mondays following ice maintenance) involving sweep and mop of floor and vacuuming
3. Picking up and/or putting liquor orders away and other lounge duties
4. Season open and closing cleaning and organizing of facility as required.
5. Maintaining all waste and recycling areas; regular removal of certain recycled materials.
Please respond by email with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25th.
Manager, Whitehorse Curling Club
POSITION: Club Manager
FACILITY: Whitehorse Curling Club
The Whitehorse Curling Club is in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Whitehorse is the Yukon’s capital city and has a population of approximately 30,000. Recognized as one of the top curling facilities in North America, the Whitehorse Curling Club has hosted national and World Curling Tour events , and hosts active league curling five nights a week We have 8 sheets of ice, over 400 members, a members lounge and a pro shop . The curling season runs from October to April and the facility is available to rent for events year round. We are situated in a unique and scenic location overlooking the Yukon landscape.
The Club Manager will report to the Board of the Whitehorse Curling Club, receiving direction from the President and working closely with the Treasurer. Additionally, the Club Manager is required to maintain positive and productive relationships with the City of Whitehorse, the Yukon Curling Association, Club Members, venue users and other external groups.
While this is a year-round position, the seasonal nature of the curling club requires a flexible and variable schedule The Club Manager can expect to work long hours during the curling season and be able to enjoy shorter days and more days off during the summer months.
Manage day to day operations of the facility, including lounge operations and venue rentals
Provide personnel leadership, including staffing, scheduling, and training
Oversee fiscal management of the Club
Coordinate sponsorship programs and prepare applications for public funding to support Club operations
Market and promote the Club , encouraging member growth and facility rentals
Support and assist the Board of Directors to plan and facilitate the annual curling calendar
Related experience in at least one, and preferred more, of the following
– Sport club facility and program management
– Event and venue management
– Licensed facility operation
People Leadership—recruitment, supervision, performance management
Strong written and oral communication skills, including use of current social media platforms
Understand the basic operation of an indoor curling facility (technical experience in ice making is desirable
Participation in the sport of curling, at any level, is desirable
A Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check and a successful bond application are mandatory prior to any confirmation of employment.
We offer a competitive compensation package including relocation assistance.
For more information about
the Whitehorse Curling Club, please visit www.whitehorsecurlingclub.com. For more
information about the City of Whitehorse please visit www.whitehorse.ca
Please email your cover letter and resume
in confidence to email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: April 29, 2022
DESIRED START DATE: August 1, 2022
Old Cut-Off Corn Brooms
$20 each plus shipping, open to reasonable offers for multiple purchases.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach - Vancouver Curling Club
JOB TITLE: Coach
Reports to: General Manager
Coaches are central to ensuring members and casual rental groups have a positive, safe and fulfilling on-ice experience at VCC. Coaches lead players in private lessons, clinics, learn to curl and novice leagues and are VCC ambassadors to groups coming to VCC as part of a rental group.
Commit to coaching assignments on “Sign Up for Coaches” process/site
- Arrive on time for all coaching assignments. Arrange for a substitute coach if unable to fulfill coaching duties.
- Follow the clubs quality customer experience mandate
- Notify the Rentals Coordinator immediately by telephone/email of an emergency/change (i.e. running late, illness, unable to fulfill commitment and provide the name of the substitute coach).
- Notify the General Manager of any concerns by phone, email or in person.
- Ensure all players have proper equipment and understand safety rules prior to entering the ice shed.
- Oversee participants ensuring certain they behave in a safe and respectful manner and follow curling etiquette.
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive learning environment and engage participants in the basics of delivery, sweeping, rules and strategy.
- Ensure members in private lessons, clinics and novice leagues have lessons tailored to participant’s abilities and agreed upon outcomes.
- Communicate respectfully with participants, staff and fellow coaches.
- Promote the Vancouver Curling Club, its programs and facilities to potential curlers and rental groups Maintain communications with staff regarding changes to personal information (i.e. address and banking information)
- Log into Payworks (the online payroll system used by VCC) and ensure your timesheet is completed for processing of payroll every two weeks (payroll schedule to be provided).
- Accredited Coach with Curl BC Club Coach or Competition Coach Certification
- Ability to deconstruct curling practice for others in an engaging, encouraging and motivational manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- High level of initiative
- People management skills
- Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sectors) Required
- Hourly @ $25
- No Minimum hours
Bartender/Cook - Vancouver Curling Club
The Vancouver Curling Club (VCC), located in the Hillcrest Centre recreational complex, offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join an innovative team dedicated to operating a world-class curling facility.
The VCC is a nonprofit association committed to the development of its more than 1,400 members and thousands of annual visitors/guests through the provision of high quality on-ice and off-ice experiences and learning opportunities. The combined efforts and dedication of staff, volunteers and elected Board members result in a warm and welcoming atmosphere in a state-of-the-art facility, a legacy of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
The VCC is currently seeking Bartender/Cooks for daytime and evening shifts Monday through Sunday (and as required for special events) to start in the beginning of September 2021 until the end of May 2022.
Reporting to the Lounge Manager, Bartender/Cooks will be responsible to tend the bar, prepare basic meals, maintain the cleanliness of the lounge and kitchen, and ensure a high standard of customer service to VCC members and guests.
Bartending experience and Serving It Right are required. An interest in cooking is necessary with cooking experience and Food Safe an asset, but not required. Compensation is $16/hr. in addition to tips.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and résumé expressing interest in the position, to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Two sets of rocks needed - Atlin
Atlin Curling Club is in search of two sets of curling rocks for a two-sheet curling facility. Anyone who is selling used rocks in good condition is asked to contact Lynn Turnbull at the club based in northern BC (near the Yukon border). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Electric ice shaver for sale
Merritt Curling Club is selling an Ice King Super electric ice shaver. Price is $4,000 with a blade or $2,500 without a blade. Contact Paul Montgomery at 250-378-3975 for more information.