Personal Accident Insurance
Affiliated Individuals Coverage
- All individuals who are members of Curl BC affiliated centres are covered through the Personal Accident Insurance program.
- This covers all individuals listed in each club’s affiliation report
- This includes all individuals who participate in curling activities more than three (3) times per season. The affiliation report list will be used to verify a curlers coverage in the event of an accident
Member Facilities may include Personal Accident Insurance to their visitor groups by charging $1 per individual.
- Anyone who participates in curling activities 3 times or less during a curling season.
- Any individual NOT included in your submitted affiliation report.
Procedures for including visitors as part of the Personal Accident Insurance Policy:
- Member Facilities must OPT-IN to this coverage at the START of the curling season
- Member Facilities must maintain a visitor list at their centre including:
- Full name, phone number, and email of the individual being covered by the policy
- It is recommended that each visitor sign a waiver form, prior to participating in on-ice activities.
- Member Facilities must submit their final “visitor” list by April 15th, 2023
- Visitor lists may be submitted throughout the season
- Submit your list here
- Curl BC will issue a final invoice to all Member Facilities who opt-into this additional coverage in April 2023
Broadly speaking, the policy is intended to provide coverage for injury that occurs as a result of participation in the sport of curling only. If each facility pursued this type of insurance individually, it is estimated it would cost BC curling centres over $50,000 (over twice as much).
Some key features of the policy include up to $15,000 for Accident Reimbursement Expenses, $5,000 for Dental Costs and $3,000 for Fracture Indemnity.
Send the accident claim to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to note that this is not a legal liability policy, which is intended to protect your business from liability arising from negligence that may cause injury to others. This policy is intended to be for the benefit of the individual club member who has suffered an injury as a result of participating in the sport of curling. It does not require there to be any negligence in order to trigger coverage. For information on liability coverage, visit:
Want insurance for your curling centre?
Member Facilities in BC can access property and liability insurance through the National Curling Centre Insurance Program. This is a separate policy .