The Club Coach/Instructor course focuses on the club curler. This program is designed to enhance the skill set of the coach/instructor who function primarily at the community sport level, to work with new youth to senior participants learning the and developing in the sport of curling. Participants must be a minimum of 16 years old. At this workshop you will learn about:
- making ethical decisions and emergency action plans
- volunteer recruitment and recognition
- curling technique, skill analysis & intro in strategy
- starting a junior program
- coaching teams to their first bonspiel
- working with special interest groups and lots more
Course Fees: Curl BC Member $157.50 / Non-Member $197.50
- Education & Youth Development
- For inquiries about coach training, certification, and maintenance, please email the Education and Youth Development Manager Paul Cseke (email@example.com)
- all Coach training and certification is through the NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Coach Development Coordinator Karen Watson
- Works with Paul Cseke to ensure Curl BC meets the coach training standards set by the CAC (Coaching Association of Canada) and Curling Canada.
- Contact Karen Watson for any inquiries about Coach Development.
Unsure of your coach certification details? Look up your NCCP Coaching transcript online on the Coaches Association of Canada’s database; the locker or contact Paul Cseke for assistance.