Please contact email@example.com if you would like to advertise in the Curl BC classifieds. This service is free for Curl BC members and costs $30/month for non-members.
The Penticton Curling Club is seeking a Club Manager. This is a full time position from Sept. to April and part time from May to Aug. We are a 6 sheet facility with a fully operational lounge and kitchen. We have 360-400 members with room to grow. We offer both recreational and competitive curling leagues.
Knowledge of member organizations with an understanding of curling is an asset. An understanding of Quickbooks and other online systems required.
Supervise staff, conduct and maintain the business affairs of the Penticton Curling Club and interact with members/guests including:
- Marketing and Communication-maintain an active membership database, interact with members to answer questions in an effective and timely manner. Promote curling and the use of the building to the community
- Event Management-Plan for curling and other non curling events to be held at the club
- Finance and Administration-knowledge of QuickBooks and some basic bookkeeping skills are required. Daily processing of all sales, member charges, payment of invoices and tracking of receivables
- Staff Management-schedule, train and motivate staff in a manner that results in excellent service and safe proper performance of duties
- Liaison with Ice staff to ensure proper maintenance and effective use of the ice area
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior working with the needs of Board of Directors and membership
- Facility Maintenance-establish procedures for building maintenance and cleaning. Manage resources effectively, ordering consumables as required for the entire facility to ensure proper lounge operation and to ensure cleanliness standards are upheld
- Organizational Awareness-effectively manage the organizations resources (staff, materials, assets and budgets) through measurement, planning and control of resources to achieve maximum results
Excellent remuneration and will be based on resume and experience.
Closing date: Tuesday January 6. 2015
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kamloops Curling Club is looking for an experienced, energetic, motivated individual to fill a key position of Club Manager for our club. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this individual must have strong leadership, marketing, sales and promotional skills coupled with previous managerial experience, preferably in a recreational environment. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the club operations, including liquor and food services and rental activities. Experience in and/or knowledge of curling would be an asset but is not required. Specific requirements and duties include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Successful sales and/or marketing track record
- Proven ability to manage staff
- Basic cash handling, bookkeeping and budgeting skills and working knowledge of financial reports
- Good understanding of recreational facility operations
- Manage operations of a busy 8-sheet curling club in Kamloops, BC
- Marketing ability to maintain and grow an active membership database
- Interact with members to answer questions in an effective and timely manner
- Promote curling and the use of the building to the community
- Management of curling facilities, working closely with the Head Ice Technician
- Management of club restaurant and banquet facilities including restaurant staff
- Management of lounge facilities including bar staff
- Present a professional and positive public image of the Kamloops Curling Club
- Communicates regularly with membership on operations, activities, acknowledgements, services and celebrations
Please email resume and cover letter to Allison at email@example.com
Junior Curling Rocks
The Prince Rupert Curling Club is looking to sell its junior curling rocks. The rocks will be given to the organization that gives them the best offer.
Specifications: 20 pounds
Cost: Best offer
Offers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curl BC is looking for instructors to teach the Rocks & Rings program in schools in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island. The contract position involves delivering basic curling instruction to elementary aged children, in the schools and encouraging participation in curling at the local level by liaising with local curling club representatives.
Job Opportunities at Vancouver Curling Club
Junior Ice Tech Staff Member
Vancouver Curling Club is currently seeking a new addition to our ice and operational team. Responsibilities include: preparation of curling ice for member leagues and rental ice, janitorial duties throughout the club, and assisting with pro shop sales on an ‘as needed’ basis. The position would be part time to start, 24-30 hours/week, but may become a full-time position after our Christmas break and through until April 30th. Interested candidates should please submit a resume to email@example.com . The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
The VCC is also currently seeking a full-time Administration Coordinator to start immediately for an annual term: September to mid-May.
As the Administration Coordinator (AC) your role is central inoverseeing the financial operations of the Vancouver Curling Club. Your Bookkeeping responsibilities will include processing accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, preparing sales tax returns, processing payroll, and generating month end financial statements. In addition, the AC supports the Senior Administration team with effective development processes, communication practices, organized filing systems (both hard copy and digital) and responding to VCC member’s inquiries. As the Administrative Coordinator you will be available to work occasional weekends and evenings.
As the ideal candidate you will possess a University degree or college diploma, preferably with emphasis on financial management. Professional experience with retail and membership based organizations is an asset, but not required. You will have a minimum of five years of bookkeeping and financial reporting experience, general understanding of GST and PST, knowledge of QuickBooks and payroll systems. In addition, you have a proven level of professionalism, attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem solving capabilities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to adjust to the changing needs of the organization.
This is a 3-4 day per week position, with compensation to be determined based on experience.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and résumé expressing interest in the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Curl BC would like to recruit Club Development Coaches in BC.
To read more about the program, visit our Curl BC Club Development Coach page.
If you think you would like to be a Curl BC Club Development Coach, please review the Club Development Coach Job Description, then send an email to email@example.com with a resume detailing your coaching experience and a cover letter indicating where in B.C. you are willing to travel.
Smart Ice is currently seeking a full-time ice technician for the 2014/2015 season.
Working from September 2014 – April 2015, the successful candidate will work under the direction of Smart Ice.
More information will be provided to candidates that meet the following criteria:
- minimun level 1 CCA ice technician certification with preference given to those with higher certification
- must have previous experience as a head ice technician
- 5th class power engineering asset
Smart Ice is a team of nationally certified ice technicians working in facilities throughout BC. As a member of the team you will be provided all the necessary tools and supplies needed to provide championship calibre ice.
Please reply with resume and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company, and team, feel free to visit our website www.smartice.ca.
Curl BC has one remaining item that is available for free to anyone who can come to collect it from the Curl BC office at 3713 Kensington Avenue in Burnaby. RSVP email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the item. Priority will be given to member curling centres or curlers from affiliated curling centres.
Description: One red fabric and metal office chair.
Note: This is an information service only. Although Curl BC welcomes postings, it is up to the individuals to contact each other directly. Curl BC has not verified any information posted here.