Please contact email@example.com if you would like to advertise in the Curl BC classifieds. This service is free for Curl BC members and costs $30/month for non-members.
WANTED: Ice Technician – Terrace Curling Club
The Terrace Curling Club is looking to obtain the services of an Ice Technician for the upcoming curling season.
The Terrace Curling Club:
Our six-sheet club is a busy, full-service, professionally managed curling facility with a five day per week schedule. In addition to weekly leagues, the club also entertains rental weekend programs as well as school programs. Member amenities include a full service kitchen, bar and a pro shop.
Ice Technician Job Function:
To perform the ice making and ice maintenance operations of this full-service curling facility and to carry out the preventative maintenance program for the physical plant and building.
1. Install ice for early October opening;
2 Install ice markings as per the instructions of the Board of Directors;
3. Maintain the ice daily (scraping, pebbling, cleaning etc.);
4. Maintain member amenities on ice surface (drinking water, tissues, cleaning brushes);
5. Ensure catwalks are clean and tidy and ice equipment is stored and hung in proper place;
6. Prepare the ice for any special curling events such as bonspiels or special events;
7. Maintain a daily log of hours worked and work accomplished;
8. Meet on a regular basis with the General Manager;
9. In conjunction with the General Manager, devise communications strategies to communicate with the membership about ice conditions;
10. Perform minor building maintenance repairs and preventative maintenance procedures as required, and report larger items that need to be addressed by the executive; and,
11. Shut down the ice plant and clean rink area after season concludes.
1. Possess a Level 1 Ice Technicians Certification (or be willing to take the Ice Technician course within 6 months of tender acceptance).
Reports to: Board of Directors and General Manager
Deadline for Applications:
Written tenders/proposals/contracts must be received by June 30, 2017.
Applications should be sent by email to:
Subject: Ice Technician Posting
WANTED: Various positions – Thistle Curling Club, Edmonton
The Thistle Curling Club, a well established, 8 Sheet Club in the heart of Edmonton with a strong membership, tremendous volunteer base and an excellent reputation for hosting Provincial and National level events, is accepting applications for the following positions for the 2017-2018 season.
A strong communicator with relevant Curling Club experience is preferred. A Sports Management degree would be an asset but not a requirement along with knowledge of grant writing for Not For Profit organisations.
Head Ice Technician:
Familiarity with sand based facilities is an asset. Minimum Level I Ice Technician certificate required, Level II preferable and relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
A fun, outgoing person, who is well organized and a good communicator is required. Previous experience in the Hospitality industry is preferred.
Please send all inquiries and resumes, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
CLOSEOUT SALE: Port Moody Curling Club Lounge Equipment and Bar Supplies
After two years of successfully running the Port Moody Curling Centre Lounge the Port Moody Curling Club is handing over to a new provider as selected by the City of Port Moody.
WANTED: Curling Club Manager – Delta Thistle Curling Club
The Delta Thistle curling club is a community curling club that was established in 1972. It is located at the North Delta Recreation Center and has a membership drawing from North Delta and the Fraser Valley.
We are currently looking to hire a curling club manager to run and promote our club, leagues, and programs.
Full Time Position – August 15-March 31
Reports to the President of the Delta Thistle Curling Club
The position includes these key responsibilities:
• Promotion of our club and programs to current and new members. Ensure our club provides the best member experience possible.
• Webpage updates and maintenance of our web club manager software.
• Registration – Preparation and maintenance of club membership database.
• Bar Management duties – inventory control, ordering supplies, scheduling deliveries, scheduling bar staff hours, and developing relationships and negotiating with suppliers.
• Application for government grants.
• Maintain accounting controls, reconciliation of the books, bank deposits.
• Timely collection of league fees, locker rental, and advertising revenue.
• Coordination of volunteers for bonspiels & special events.
• Sales and inventory of curling equipment through the pro shop.
• Attendance at monthly board meetings.
For the full job description, click here: DTCC Manager Position 2017
Please apply on or before April 30, 2017, to the attention of Delta Thistle Curling Club President at PresidentDTCC@gmail.com.
For Sale: 60 HP 230/460 V motor
Two year old 60 HP 230/460 V motor for sale.
Contact: Kate at Gibsons Curling Club via email@example.com.
For sale – Scraper
Good condition original BOSS ice scraper.
Perfect for a small curling club.
Contact: Royal City Curling Club
Curl BC is looking for instructors to teach the Rocks & Rings program in schools in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island. The contract position involves delivering basic curling instruction to elementary aged children, in the schools and encouraging participation in curling at the local level by liaising with local curling club representatives.
Curl BC would like to recruit Club Development Coaches in BC.
To read more about the program, visit our Curl BC Club Development Coach page.
If you think you would like to be a Curl BC Club Development Coach, please review the Club Development Coach Job Description, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume detailing your coaching experience and a cover letter indicating where in B.C. you are willing to travel.
Note: This is an information service only. Although Curl BC welcomes postings, it is up to the individuals to contact each other directly. Curl BC has not verified any information posted here.