Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to advertise in the Curl BC classifieds. This service is free for Curl BC members and costs $30/month for non-members.
WANTED: Curling Club Manager – Delta Thistle Curling Club
The Delta Thistle curling club is a community curling club that was established in 1972 . It is located at the North Delta Recreation Center and has a membership drawing from North Delta and the Fraser Valley.
We are currently looking to hire a curling club manager to run and promote our club, leagues, and programs.
Full Time Position – August 15-March 31
Part time position – April 01-August 14 (Average 5 hours a week)
Reports to the President of the Delta Thistle Curling Club
The position includes these key responsibilities:
• Promotion of our club and programs to current and new members. Ensure our club provides the best member experience possible.
• Webpage updates and maintenance of our web club manager software.
• Registration – Preparation and maintenance of club membership database.
• Bar Management duties – inventory control, ordering supplies, scheduling deliveries, scheduling bar staff hours, and developing relationships and negotiating with suppliers.
• Application for government grants.
• Maintain accounting controls, reconciliation of the books, bank deposits.
• Timely collection of league fees, locker rental, and advertising revenue.
• Coordination of volunteers for bonspiels & special events.
• Sales and inventory of curling equipment through the pro shop.
• Attendance at monthly board meetings.
For the full job description, click here: DTCC Manager Position 2017
Please apply on or before March 31, 2017, to the attention of Delta Thistle Curling Club President at PresidentDTCC@gmail.com.
WANTED: Curl BC Region 11 (Lower Mainland) Secretary for the 2017-2018 Season
- Maintain a list of executive (containing executive position, name, and club’s position if any, email, phone) and to be shared with the executive.
- Maintain a list of Region 11 Club Representatives and alternates and President and Manager Information (containing club, name, club’s position, email, and phone) and to be shared with the executive.
- Maintain a list of Club email addresses (containing club name and email address). Should be available for the club to send interclub notices.
- Maintain a Single Distribution list of emails for meetings (can be in a simple txt document).
- 12 days prior to the meeting the Chairperson send a message to the Secretary of any changes to the standard agenda.
- 12 days prior to the meeting the Treasurer send a message with the latest financials.
- 10 days prior to the meeting date send out agenda (to be confirmed with the Chairperson) to the Executive and the Club representatives
- Attend the six monthly meetings and one AGM meeting and take notes.
- Using the Executive and Club Representatives send out the minutes and any handouts within one week.
- Upload Financial Reports, presentation documents and meeting minutes
Create, distribute and upload Meeting Minutes to website no more than 10 days after the meeting date.
30 days prior – send out a message along with the Minutes to the clubs asking for next year’s representative information.
- Communications & Website Updates: $50 per month (September to April)
- Meeting Minutes: $50 per meeting (September, October, November, January, February, March and April)
- Travel Expenses: $25 per meeting (September, October, November, January, February, March and April)
Upcoming meetings in 2017 include
Feb 19, 2017 – Marpole Curling Club @ 10:00 AM
Mar 26, 2017 – Vancouver Curling Club @ 9:00 AM
Please apply in writing to Barry Ayers, Region 11 Chairperson, at email@example.com by March 10.
The Prince Rupert Curling Club has some new and used rock handles available.
Cost: Best offer
Offers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Sale: 60 HP 230/460 V motor
Two year old 60 HP 230/460 V motor for sale.
Contact: Kate at Gibsons Curling Club via email@example.com.
Wanted: Vancouver Curling Club Bookkeeper, Ice Maker Staff and Instructors
The Vancouver Curling Club (VCC), located in the Hillcrest Centre recreational complex, offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join an innovative team dedicated to operating a world-class curling facility.
The VCC is a nonprofit association committed to the development of its more than 1,100 members and thousands of annual visitors/guests through the provision of high quality on-ice and off-ice experiences and learning opportunities. The combined efforts and dedication of staff, volunteers and elected Board members result in a warm and welcoming atmosphere in a state-of-the-art facility, a legacy of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
The VCC is currently seeking a part-time bookkeeper to start immediately for an annual term: September to mid-May, with reduced hours June through August.
As the Bookkeeper your role is central in overseeing the financial operations of the Vancouver Curling Club. Your bookkeeping responsibilities will include processing accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, preparing sales tax returns, processing payroll, and generating month end financial statements. In addition, the bookkeeper supports the Senior Administration team with effective financial processes, communication practices, organized filing systems (both hard copy and digital) and reporting.
As the ideal candidate you will possess a University degree or college diploma, preferably with emphasis on financial management. Professional experience with retail and membership based organizations is an asset, but not required. You will have a minimum of five years of bookkeeping and financial reporting experience, general understanding of GST and PST, knowledge of QuickBooks and payroll systems. In addition, you have a proven level of professionalism, attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem solving capabilities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to adjust to the changing needs of the organization.
This position is currently 20 hours per week, with compensation to be determined based on experience. Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and résumé expressing interest in the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Vancouver Curling Club is also seeking a new addition to our ice and operational team. Responsibilities include: preparation of curling ice for member leagues and rental ice, janitorial duties throughout the club, and assisting with pro shop sales on an ‘as needed’ basis. The position would be part time to start, 24-30 hours/week, but may become a full time position after our Christmas break and through until April 30th. Interested candidates should please submit a resume to email@example.com. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Vancouver Curling Club is also looking to hire additional instructors to teach curling to rental groups in March and April and potentially for next season as well. Instructors need to be certified at least at the club coach level. Pay is $20.00 per hour. Contact Richard Brower at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-874-0122.
For sale – Scraper
Good condition original BOSS ice scraper.
Perfect for a small curling club.
Contact: Royal City Curling Club
Job Opportunity – Ice Technician
Smart Ice is currently seeking a full-time ice technician for the 2016/2017 season.
Working from September 2016 – April 2017, the successful candidate will work under the direction of Smart Ice.
More information will be provided to candidates that meet the following criteria:
- minimum level 1 CC ice technician certification with preference given to those with higher certification
- must have previous experience as a head ice technician
- 5th class power engineering asset
Smart Ice is a team of nationally certified ice technicians working in facilities throughout BC. As a member of the team you will be provided all the necessary tools and supplies needed to provide championship calibre ice.
Please reply with resume and expectations to email@example.com.
For more information about our company, and team, feel free to visit our website www.smartice.ca.
Curl BC is looking for instructors to teach the Rocks & Rings program in schools in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island. The contract position involves delivering basic curling instruction to elementary aged children, in the schools and encouraging participation in curling at the local level by liaising with local curling club representatives.
Curl BC would like to recruit Club Development Coaches in BC.
To read more about the program, visit our Curl BC Club Development Coach page.
If you think you would like to be a Curl BC Club Development Coach, please review the Club Development Coach Job Description, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume detailing your coaching experience and a cover letter indicating where in B.C. you are willing to travel.
Note: This is an information service only. Although Curl BC welcomes postings, it is up to the individuals to contact each other directly. Curl BC has not verified any information posted here.