Please contact email@example.com if you would like to advertise in the Curl BC classifieds. This service is free for Curl BC members and costs $30/month for non-members.
Job Opportunity – Abbotsford Curling Centre
The Abbotsford Curling Centre is seeking an experienced Manager for the 2015-16 season. This is a part-time position from May to August and full-time from September to April. Abbotsford is a 6 sheet facility with a fully operational lounge and approximately 350 members with room to grow. The center is currently growing rapidly in the novice category and would like to see this area, as well as other programs, grow to maximum potential.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of non-profit, member organizations with a background in curling and in Marketing as an asset. An understanding of Simply Accounting and other online systems is required.
Supervise the bar staff as well as the ice-making staff, assist in coordinating volunteers, conduct and maintain the business affairs of the Abbotsford Curling Centre, including the Pro-shop and interact with members/guests including:
- Marketing and Communication: Maintain an active membership database; interact with members and guests to answer questions in an effective and timely manner. Promote curling and the use of the building to the community.
- Event Management: Plan curling and other non-curling events to be held at the club. Assist the Bonspiel coordinators with draw development and planning. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the club operations, including liquor and food services and rentals.
- Finance and Administration: Knowledge of Simply Accounting and some basic bookkeeping skills are required. Processing of all sales, curling fees, payment of invoices, tracking of receivables, applying for grants and licenses required.
- Staff Management: Schedule and train lounge staff as well as any volunteers placed in key areas.
- Liaise with the Head Ice Technician to ensure proper maintenance and effective use of the ice area. Seek consultation from other ice technicians as needed.
- Report regularly to the President and the Board of Directors as well as the membership
- Facility Maintenance: Establish procedures for building maintenance and cleaning. Order consumables as required for the entire facility to ensure proper lounge operation and to ensure cleanliness standards are upheld
- Remuneration and will be based on resume and experience.
Closing date: Tuesday March 9. 2015 @ 12:00 pm
Contact: Mike Bidal (President) firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Curling Rocks
The Prince Rupert Curling Club is looking to sell its junior curling rocks. The rocks will be given to the organization that gives them the best offer.
Specifications: 20 pounds
Cost: Best offer
Offers should be sent to email@example.com.
Curl BC is looking for instructors to teach the Rocks & Rings program in schools in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island. The contract position involves delivering basic curling instruction to elementary aged children, in the schools and encouraging participation in curling at the local level by liaising with local curling club representatives.
Job Opportunities at Vancouver Curling Club
Junior Ice Tech Staff Member
Vancouver Curling Club is currently seeking a new addition to our ice and operational team. Responsibilities include: preparation of curling ice for member leagues and rental ice, janitorial duties throughout the club, and assisting with pro shop sales on an ‘as needed’ basis. The position would be part time to start, 24-30 hours/week, but may become a full-time position after our Christmas break and through until April 30th. Interested candidates should please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
The VCC is also currently seeking a full-time Administration Coordinator to start immediately for an annual term: September to mid-May.
As the Administration Coordinator (AC) your role is central inoverseeing the financial operations of the Vancouver Curling Club. Your Bookkeeping responsibilities will include processing accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, preparing sales tax returns, processing payroll, and generating month end financial statements. In addition, the AC supports the Senior Administration team with effective development processes, communication practices, organized filing systems (both hard copy and digital) and responding to VCC member’s inquiries. As the Administrative Coordinator you will be available to work occasional weekends and evenings.
As the ideal candidate you will possess a University degree or college diploma, preferably with emphasis on financial management. Professional experience with retail and membership based organizations is an asset, but not required. You will have a minimum of five years of bookkeeping and financial reporting experience, general understanding of GST and PST, knowledge of QuickBooks and payroll systems. In addition, you have a proven level of professionalism, attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem solving capabilities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to adjust to the changing needs of the organization.
This is a 3-4 day per week position, with compensation to be determined based on experience.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and résumé expressing interest in the position, to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Curl BC would like to recruit Club Development Coaches in BC.
To read more about the program, visit our Curl BC Club Development Coach page.
If you think you would like to be a Curl BC Club Development Coach, please review the Club Development Coach Job Description, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume detailing your coaching experience and a cover letter indicating where in B.C. you are willing to travel.
Smart Ice is currently seeking a full-time ice technician for the 2014/2015 season.
Working from September 2014 – April 2015, the successful candidate will work under the direction of Smart Ice.
More information will be provided to candidates that meet the following criteria:
- minimun level 1 CCA ice technician certification with preference given to those with higher certification
- must have previous experience as a head ice technician
- 5th class power engineering asset
Smart Ice is a team of nationally certified ice technicians working in facilities throughout BC. As a member of the team you will be provided all the necessary tools and supplies needed to provide championship calibre ice.
Please reply with resume and expectations to email@example.com.
For more information about our company, and team, feel free to visit our website www.smartice.ca.
Curl BC has one remaining item that is available for free to anyone who can come to collect it from the Curl BC office at 3713 Kensington Avenue in Burnaby. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to reserve the item. Priority will be given to member curling centres or curlers from affiliated curling centres.
Description: One red fabric and metal office chair.
Note: This is an information service only. Although Curl BC welcomes postings, it is up to the individuals to contact each other directly. Curl BC has not verified any information posted here.