Request a Course or Workshop
Curling coaches are community leaders who can inspire passion for sport and physical activity. They mentor young athletes to develop essential life skills, as well as help them realize their potential. Participating in coach education significantly increases a coach’s confidence in his/her abilities. Having trained coaches is one of the key factors that contributes to a quality sport experience.
Curl BC is committed to ensuring coaching education meets curling centres’ and curlers’ needs and is best in class.
The Community Sport stream is for coaches/volunteers involved with their club’s events and programs that focus on introducing curling to new participants at any age. The key emphasis at this level of training is to provide safe and well planned recreational curling opportunities and events.
There are 2 types of Club Coach Courses offered through the NCCP program including:
- Course: Club Coach Youth
- Location: Prince George Curling Club
- Date: March 19th, 2022
- Time: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Facilitator: Kim Dennis
- Registration: Register here
- Education & Youth Development
- For inquiries about coach training, certification, and maintenance, please email the Education and Youth Development Manager Paul Cseke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- all Coach training and certification is through the NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program)
- Coach Development Coordinator Karen Watson
- Works with Paul Cseke to ensure Curl BC meets the coach training standards set by the CAC (Coaching Association of Canada) and Curling Canada.
- Contact Karen Watson for any inquiries about Coach Development.
Unsure of your coach certification details? Look up your NCCP Coaching transcript online on the Coaches Association of Canada’s database; the locker.