We’re hiring! Curl BC is looking for an Education & Youth Development Coordinator
Ever think of making a career out of curling? Curl BC is looking for an Education & Youth Development Coordinator. It’s a position which combines organizational skills and curling education, and it’s a crucial part of both growing our sport and providing a meaningful experience on the ice for a new generation of curlers.
Working closely with key staff and volunteers, the Education & Youth Development Coordinator will be responsible for the coach, ice technician, and officiating training and development programs. The coordinator will oversee the training, implementation, and reporting of Curl BC’s youth development programs for member clubs. The coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of Rockslide youth camps in BC and collaborate with the Membership Services Manager to deliver adaptive and inclusive community events.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Coach Training & Development
- Coordinate with Curl BC’s Master Learning Facilitator, Coach Developers and Curling Centre Managers in delivering NCCP courses and evaluations.
- Plan and deliver professional development and mentorship opportunities for club coach youth, club coach, competition coach, and competition development coaches in BC.
- Record coach training and development events into the Locker and BCSI.
- Act as primary contact to Curling Canada and Coaches Association of Canada for the NCCP program and general coaching inquiries
Ice Technician Training & Development
- Work with the Provincial Ice Technician Team to provide training courses and development opportunities for ice technicians.
- Report ice technician training events to Curling Canada.
- Maintain the Ice Technician Database.
- Collaborate with Technical Safety BC and Recreation Facilities Association of BC on projects and development opportunities.
Officiating Training & Development
- Oversee online and in-person officiating training for level 1 and level 2 officials.
- Maintain the officiating database with trained and certified officials.
- Report officiating training and certification to Curling Canada.
- Work with Provincial Officiating Coordinator, Officiating Course Conductors and curling centres to provide Officiating mentorship and development opportunities.
Youth Development Programs
Oversee the training, implementation, and reporting for the following youth programs in BC:
- BC Youth Development Program
- BC Skill Awards
- Passion Curling Programs (U12 Blizzard & U15-U21)
- Hit Draw Tap
- Podium Prep Program
- Rockslide Rumble Camps & Summer Curling Camp
Adaptive and Inclusive Programs
- Collaborate with the Membership Services Manager to develop and deliver adaptive and inclusive programs in member clubs.
- Explore further grant and funding opportunities and maintain budget
- Bachelor’s degree or related diploma
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven team player
- Experience in program development, implementation and/or evaluation
- Experience in event planning and delivery
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Proven ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn new database systems
Type of Position
Full Time based on 35 hours/week with flexible hours. Salary and benefits based on Curl BC’s personnel policy.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 7th, 2022.
Curl BC is an equal opportunity employer.