We’re hiring! Curl BC is looking for a Competitions Manager
April 27, 2023
Ever think of making a career out of curling? Curl BC is looking for a Competitions Manager. It’s a position which combines organizational skills and management experience, and it’s a crucial part of our provincial playdown and championship system.
The Competitions Manager is responsible for managing Curl BC’s Performance and Participation related competitions, including BC Championships, open playdowns and BC Games zones.
- A degree or related diploma
- A background in curling with strong technical curling knowledge
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Event management experience including presentation for televised events
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Pay Pal, conference software, WordPress)
- Understanding of the Long-Term Curler Development model.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proven team player and ability to manage others
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage demands around scheduling
- Time management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of draws
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee all Curl BC competitions
- Maintain and assist in the development of templates and standard practices for Curl BC events
- Work closely with Provincial Officiating Coordinator, Provincial Ice Tech and Equipment Coordinator to ensure all aspects pertaining to competitions are met
- Communicate with and provide support for local organizing committees
- Work closely with Curl BC Governors in their role as BC Championship liaisons
- Responsible for coordinating logistical details of BC teams advancing to National events
- Complete grant applications for event hosting (Hosting BC) in a timely and efficient manner
- Negotiate agreements with host sites and ensure they are established at least a year in advance
- Manage the competitions section of the Board Policy Registry and Curl BC’s Strategic and Operational Plans
- Arrange playdowns for BC Winter Games every second year
- Arrange qualifying system for Canada Winter Games every fourth year
High Performance Program
- Collaborate with other staff on the Implementation of the Long-Term Curler Development model (LTCD)
- Co-Chair of Curl BC’s Competitions Committee
- Curl BC liaison for the BC Curling Tours – Juniors, Men and Women
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
Application deadline is May 15, 2023.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive the latest news updates, tournaments, programs, services and discounts.