HP Program launch
Curl BC is now accepting team applications for the 2021/2022 High Performance Program.
This year all teams will register for the High Performance and Development Program and then, once all teams are registered, some teams will be eligible to move on to the Next Generation Pathway programs that are available.
Modified programs for Mixed Doubles and U SPORTS/CCAA teams will be included.
Applications for the 2021/22 HP Program must be received by May 15, 2021. These documents can be found on Curl BC’s High Performance Program Page.
Involvement in the High Performance Program gives athletes who want podium success the tools to achieve their goals.
Curl BC High Performance Director Melissa Soligo said: “We’re excited to work with the teams who want to invest in themselves. If you and your teammates want to achieve your goals over the next year, the 2021-2022 High Performance Program is a vital resource for you.”
May 15 – All athletes must register for the High Performance and Development Program.
From there, two men’s and two women’s teams – depending on their age, ranking, past performance and past program involvement – will be offered Next Generation Pathway places.
- Next Generation Pathways (four teams per stream)
- U35 Excellence
- U25 Performance
- U18 Development
The remaining teams will be in the High Performance and Development Pathway.
- High Performance/Development Pathway
- Curl BC teams not ranked in the NG Pathways
- Mixed Doubles
- U SPORTS/CCAA
This year, the top men’s and women’s teams in the program will receive training and competition funding should their performance put them in the top 30 or higher on the CTRS list.
- If a team finishes in the top 30 of the 2020/21 CTRS list as of Dec. 1, 2021, they will receive $1,000
- If a team finishes in the top 20 of the 2020/21 CTRS list as of Dec. 1, 2021, they will receive $2,000
- If a team finishes in the top 10 of the 2020/21 CTRS list as of Dec. 1, 2021, they will receive $4,000
Performance Incentive Funding will be awarded by Mar. 31, 2022, at the latest.
For more information about the program and for details of application process visit https://www.curlbc.ca/programs/high-performance/