Curling Ice Technician Course & Certification
2.5 Day Course
Curling Centre Ice Technician Pathway
The Curling Ice Technicians Program is intended for those who are looking for a career in ice making. They will learn the skills of installing, maintaining, and removing ice in a dedicated curling facility for all curling events and activities. At the completion of this course the participants will be considered “Curing Ice Technician- TRAINED” status.
Course Pre-requisites, must have at least ONE of the following.
- Trained Club Ice Technician Assistant
- World Curling Federation- Introduction to Curling Ice Maintenance online course
- 12 months working in a curling facilitiy under the supervision of a Certified Curling Ice Technician
- Former Curling Canada Level 1 Ice Technician Course
- Former Facility Operator Assitant Training
Expect to Learn:
- Floors and Draining
- Spraying and Flooding
- Ice Equipment
- Play Equipment
- Pebbling and Water Quality
Fees (per person):
- Curl BC Member $500.00+GST
- Use discount code BCICETECH
- Non-Curl BC Member $800.00 + GST
Future steps to become CERTIFIED Curling Ice Technician
Now that you’re a TRAINED Curling Ice Technician you are 3 steps away from certification.