Competition Ice Technician Course
5 Day Course
Delivered by Curling Canada
Competition Curling Ice Technician Pathway
This course is designed for Ice Technicians to learn how to install ice into an arean over an existing surface for short term-competitive events. This program is administered and delivered by Curling Canada.
Pre-requisites, must be one of the following Certified Curling Ice Technician or Certified level 2 Ice Technician and
- passed online safe sport module
- 3 years expereince working as a Certified Curling Ice Technician
Individuals must submit the following documents with their application:
- Letter of Interest outlining career aspirations
- Endorsement letter for Member Association
Individuals can expect to Learn:
- Leveling ice and flooding
- Paint/Logo/Line Installation
- Scheduling – equipment, camera installation, volunteers
- Techniques to very ice conditions to provide optimal speed and curl
- Monitoring and managing the environment with influence from spectators, TV lights and crew, weather, etc.
- Rock Maintenance
- Takedown of Championship Event
Individuals will be considered Competition Ice Technician- TRAINED
Competition Ice Technician Evaluation
- Online Exam
- Competition Ice Technicians will be considered CERTIFIED upon passing the online evaluation.
Have a question about this program?
Contact Curling Canada’s Manager of Ice Technician Certification Don Powell