All Umpires Welcome at Development Day at Richmond Curling Centre
With a new season now underway and updates to various category specific rules, Curl BC would like to ensure all volunteers understand the various general and category specific rule updates prior to implementing them at 2022-23 Curl BC competitions you are in a leadership role at this season.
The development day on November 12th, 2022 is structured to introduce and review two key documents that all Game Umpires, Timing Supervisors and Chief Umpires need to be fluid in prior to umpiring at qualifiers or championships this year:
- The 2022-23 OFFICIAL GUIDE FOR QUALIFIER AND BC CHAMPIONSHIPS which has been created to assist competitors, coaches and chaperones for the 2023 Qualifiers and BC Championships.
- The 2022-23 Chief Umpire’s Manual. The manual has been updated to be in alignment with the OFFICIAL GUIDE FOR QUALIFIER AND BC CHAMPIONSHIPS and to reflect the format our competitions will held under during the 2022-23 season based on the Official Guide for Qualifier and BC Championships.
In addition to this, Curl BC will guide all attendees through our resources page which has been updated and redesigned to make things clearer for Officials to navigate.
Finally, we will collaborate on the ice/field of play to conduct a practical review of conducting Last Stone Draw measurements especially triangulation. We will all have the opportunity to conduct various measurements in a scenario-based situation with mentorship from other umpires in attendance. This opportunity to train will ensure that when the time comes, we are conducting measurements efficiently, effectively and with confidence.
This event will be at the Richmond Curling in the upstairs lounge of the Club on Saturday November 12th with the following agenda:
- Coffee Tea from 11:30-12:00PM and opportunity to connect/reconnect
- 2 hours for meeting and discussion from 12:00PM-2:00PM
- 45 minutes for Soup, Sandwich, fruit, veggies and cookies from 2:00PM-2:45PM
- 1 -1 1/2 hours on ice from 2:45-4:15PM
- Wrap up-4:15PM-4:30PM
Please email Phil Mckenzie at email@example.com by 11/09/2022 confirming your attendance, so we can make the appropriate arrangements for meeting space and lunch services.
For those unable to attend in person, we will have a zoom option that allows you to be a part of the 12:00PM-2:00PM presentation.
Please click below if you would like to register for the zoom session: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82298397486?pwd=eGxra09xNURTMGF4OThQQjlUeTFUQT09