Adult curlers needed for Curl BC’s Competitions Committee
Calling all athletes!
Curl BC is looking for 2 adult curlers (one male and one female) to join the Curl BC Competitions Committee. The 2 successful candidates will be part of the committee for the 2023-24 season.
Curl BC Competitions Committee Mandate:
Gather information and generate options and recommendations to the Board
- on policies relating to high performance stages of the Long Term Curler Development Model, including qualification processes and BC Championship formats.
- athlete identification and development.
- coaches, officials and ice technicians.
- when Curl BC is requested to provide input to Curling Canada on matters related to the previously stated areas of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend quarterly Zoom meetings
- Provide feedback and ideas on how to make the competition process successful for all involved
- Be the voice of BC competitive curlers
- Assist the Competitions Committee communicate with all stakeholders
If you are interested, please submit a letter of intent by July 4th to Curl BC Competitions Committee Co-Chairs Melissa Soligo, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Bruce Renwick, email@example.com.
If there is sufficient interest, then an Athletes’ Sub-Committee may be formed to assist with communicating with athletes in all divisions.