Manuals, Guides, Templates, Resources and PD Events
This page has been set up to give volunteers the tools they need to officiate at competitive events. To learn more, click on the links below or contact the Curl BC Competition Officiating Coordinator, Phil McKenzie firstname.lastname@example.org or Curl BC Education Officiating Coordinator Henry Wong at email@example.com.
- Chief Umpire Manual
- 2022-23 Curl BC Umpires Development Day Power Point Slides
- Timer/Oberserver Practical Form – This form can be filled in on a computer.
- Game Umpire/ Timing Supervisor Practical Form– This form can be filled in on a computer.
- Official Guide for Qualifier and BC Championships (section 1 and section 2 contains Curl BC Rules)
- Curling Canada Rule Book Updates 2022-2026– Includes rules for General and Rules for Officiated Play Updates.
- Club Championship Curling Canada Category Specific Rules
- Youth Events Pilot- Coach Interaction Rules
- Women’s and Men’s Event’s Pilot-No Tick Rule
Report Forms, Templates and Resources
- Chief Umpire Report Form (also available as PDF in Chief Umpire Manual)
- Concussion Guidelines and Return to Play Policy
- Team Briefing Template- BC Winter Games Zone Qualifiers
- Team Briefing Template- BC Women’s and Men’s Open Qualifier
- Team Briefing Template-BC Winter Games, BC U18, BC U21
- Team Briefing Template- BC Men’s and BC Scotties
- Team Briefing Template -Open Entry BC Championships ( Seniors, Masters, Mixed, Club Championship)
- Team Briefing Template-CWG Mixed Doubles Qualifier
- Team Briefing Template- Open BC Mixed Doubles
- Team Briefing Template-Wheelchair
- Team Briefing Template-Open and Women’s Stick BC Championships
- Last Stone Draw 8 sheets
- Mixed Doubles On-Ice Officials’ Form
- Mixed Doubles Rules (PDF)
- Playoff Stone selection
- Pre-Competition Ring Check
- Ice Players Assistant -Training Guide
- Ice Players Assistant – Presentation
- Generic Score Card
- Modified Score Card
- Expense form (Excel)
- Time Sheet 10 End
- Time Sheet 8 End
- Time Sheet Mixed Doubles
- Time Sheet Wheelchair
- Pre-Game Announcements for Wheelchair
- Ice Players Assistant Training Guide for Wheelchair Championships
- Last Stone Draw Protocols-Zone/Open Qualifier and BC Championships
- Last Stone Draw Declaration Card
- Team Line-Up Card
- Change of Team Line-Up Card
- Pre-Game Announcements for BC Events
Review of Officating Roles, Systems and Measurments
Brush head technology
Please visit www.worldcurling.org/competitions/brushes for more information on the moratorium. Additional note: A delivery device can be used to clean the path from the house to the hack in a north south direction and east to west after cleaning your rock. Whatever delivery device you are using during your delivery can be used to clean up the area of the thrower (foot prints, knee prints etc.) as long as it’s not done in a prolonged, hard sweeping motion. Delivery devices come in many forms, i.e. hair brushes, stabilizers, hammer brooms etc.
Last Stone Draw Update
The following document is developed based on the LSD protocol at Curling Canada events and has been modified so that it is in-line with the competition formats in BC for the 2022-23 season.
Click Here for Protocols
Here are the links for downloading CurlTime for you to use and practice. This is the software used at all Curl BC events that are timed:
- CurlTime download (must log in to download for free): http://curltime.com/download.htm
- CurlTime Training: http://worldcurling.org/competitions/timing/
- CurlTime Operating Procedures
Archived Professional Development Events
Curl BC offers officiating training at various times throughout the year.