Curl BC Annual Awards are intended to recognize and honour individuals, teams and businesses for their outstanding contribution to the sport of curling in British Columbia.
Anyone may submit a nomination although some awards require the endorsement of an appropriate Curl BC Regional Representative, or a Curl BC Governor. We encourage all curlers to submit nominations for Annual Awards.
The nominations for the 2017 awards are now OPEN. The deadline for the 2017 nominations is April 30, 2017.
If you have any questions about annual awards, please contact Penny Bartel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-333-3620.
You can read about the criteria for the different awards, make nominations, and view the past winners by clicking on the category titles below.
Criteria for Curl BC’s Annual Awards:
The following descriptions provide the primary criteria for each of the Curl BC Annual Awards.
Awards can be divided into the following categories:
- Team of the Year
- Master Curler/ Master Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year (Anita Cochrane Award)
- Official of the Year (Wally M’Lot Award)
- Junior Female of the Year
- Adult Female of the Year
- Junior Male of the Year
- Adult Male of the Year
- Adaptive Curling Athlete
- Curling Centre of the Year
- Club Volunteer
- Administrator of the Year (Ron Houston Award)
- Builder (Janette Robbins Award)
- Long Service Volunteer (Pat Kennedy Award)
- Youth & Junior Curling Program Volunteer (Elsie MacKenzie Award)
- Curl BC Friendship
- Club Customer Service
5) Curling Canada Awards
The nominees for the Curling Canada Awards are decided by the Curl BC Awards Committee. If you have a name that you would like to put forward for consideration, please email Penny Bartel.
- Award of Achievement
- Ray Kingsmith Executive of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- President’s Recognition Certificate
- Canadian Curling Hall of Fame