Draw 1 – Monday, February 27 – ticket #A-435502 – Penny Gardner – $32
Draw 2 – Monday, March 6 – ticket #A-520236 – Laura Stadnik – $42.80
Draw 3 – Monday, March 13 – ticket #A-593198 – Laura Murphy – $53.60
See this week’s total sales so far at http://5050central.com/kioskdisplay/?id=1000533.
The raffle will be a weekly draw during the curling season and will see curling clubs participating in a coordinated raffle. The fundraiser has the potential to benefit learn to curl and junior programs, Curl BC members (as prize winners) and help grow the sport across the province.
Participating clubs will get 45% of revenue generated in a week. The prize winner will get 40%. The remaining 15% will be used by Curl BC for 5050 Central’s royalty payment and the cost of central office equipment.
The raffle proceeds that go to the club can be used for youth curling and/or learn to curl programs.
Tickets can be purchased at participating clubs at 1 for $2, 3 for $5, 7 for $10.
If your club would like to take part contact Scott Braley at email@example.com.
Curl BC 40/60 rules and information for all curling centres participating in raffle:
Tickets for the 40/60 Draw are based at Richmond Curling Centre, Comox Valley Curling Centre, the Golden Ears Winter Club in Maple Ridge and the Curl BC office in Burnaby and profits benefit junior curling and adult learn to curl in British Columbia.
• Tickets are 1 for $2 or 3 for $5 or 7 for $10.
• Must be 19 years or older to purchase a 40/60 ticket.
• Ticket buyers receive their printed ticket listing their numbers.
• Ticket sales will take place at the three participating curling centres and through Curl BC, including special events run by Curl BC.
• The draw is conducted every Monday during the 2017 winter/spring curling season beginning February 27 and ending April 3. A final draw will be held June 6.
• Each draw closes at 9am on a Monday. The winning ticket will be drawn at 11am on Monday. Ticket holders are welcome to witness the draw at the Curl BC office.
• If for any reason a draw cannot be conducted, ticket buyers will be contacted by email and refunds will be issued at the point of sale.
• The draw is conducted using computer software that utilizes a GPED certified software random number generator (RNG).
• The winning number is then recorded.
• The winner is contacted through the phone number or email address they provided when purchasing the ticket.
• The winning number and the winner’s name is announced on the Curl BC website at www.curlbc.ca/raffle. In the case of a discrepancy between the website number and the actual number (stored on the 50/50 Central computer) – the actual number will be considered to be the valid winning number.
• Prize can be claimed at the Curl BC office at 3713 Kensington Avenue in Burnaby, or a cheque can be mailed to the winner’s home address. This will be agreed upon over the phone when the winner is notified.
• Prize is paid by cheque. Winners have 12 months to claim their prize. Unclaimed prizes will be donated to a beneficiary approved by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
• Tickets must be sold and purchased only in British Columbia.
• The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 40/60 raffle: Curl BC employees and their immediate families, Curl BC board members who are involved with supervising the draws and their immediate families.
• In the event that a draw has to be delayed for technical reasons (problems with electronic raffle system), provisions will be made to conduct the draw as soon as practical. The delay will be communicated on the Curl BC website at www.curlbc.ca/raffle.
Anyone with questions comments or complaints should contact:
Scott Braley, Curl BC
Suite 2001A – 3713 Kensington Avenue