Podium Preparation Camps
The Podium Preparation Program is designed for youth curlers and their support team (parent, coach, junior coordinator) as they explore and learn more about competitive curling in BC.
Some of the topics covered in a Podium Preparation Camp are:
- Fundamentals of curling delivery
- Strategy and tactics
- Using a stopwatch in competition
- Communicating with your team
- Video tape analysis
- Sweeping mechanics
- Weight and line delivery analysis
- Coaches: how to plan your season and evaluate your seasons
- Mental preparation for competition
- Overview of the competition
- Travel & time expectations for families traveling to competitions
- Parent role in competition
Interested in hosting a Podium Preparation Camp at your facility?
Minimum camp requirements:
– 6 youth curlers, all with a minimum of 1 year curling experience
– Curlers should be interested in competitive curling, not necessarily experienced
– 12 hours at curling facility (both on and off ice time), over 2 days
Locations for the next Podium Preparation Camps are currently under consideration. If your facility is interested in hosting a Podium Preparation Camp, please contact Melissa Sim at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-333-3620.