Club Development Coach
Curl BC is currently seeking coaches interested in a one-year contract agreement as a Club Development Coach. Multiple positions are available in each area of the province.
Curl BC receives many requests from curling centres to run or instruct clinics throughout the season, to support recruitment of new curlers and new member retention. Club Development Coaches will be contracted to support curling centres in their region.
- Connect with curling centres in your region about opportunities available to increase participation & skill of curlers in their facility through delivery of Curl BC Clinics.
- Provide support to curling centres in your area by organizing the following (basic clinic outlines & resources will be provided) as requested:
- Learn to Curl Clinics (2 & 4 hour clinics)
- Stick Curling Clinics (2 & 4 hour clinics)
- Skill Analysis Clinics (3 hours)
- Video analysis of delivery Clinic (3 hours)
- Strategy clinic (2-3 hours)
- Keep up-to-date with current coaching information and theory.
- Candidates for the Club Development Coach positions must be at a minimum of NCCP Competition Coach trained. Individuals who are Competition Coach certified will be a priority.
- Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be able to work week nights and weekends as required.
Club Development Coaches will be remunerated directly by the curling centres that hire time. Curl BC recommends the following minimum pay rate: $20/hour if Competition Coach Trained, $25/hour if Competition Coach or Level 2 certified and $35/hour if Level 3 + certified.
Type of Position: Part-time, contract position.
Contact Information: Email coaching resume and cover letter to Penny Bartel at firstname.lastname@example.org.