Rocks & Rings Instructor Training (1.5 day $50 + taxes)
This workshop prepares individuals to work with elementary school aged children (age 5-12) in a gym setting delivering the nationally recognized Rocks & Rings floor curling program in schools. No prerequisite or curling experience is required! You will learn:
- Classroom management techniques
- About the floor curling equipment, Rocks & Rings program specific equipment, and delivery of the program in British Columbia
- Lesson plan development, teaching techniques, tips and tricks
- Including students of all ages and abilities through “Can Curl More” program initiative
- Games and activities to engage various age groups
* Please note: Successful completion of a Criminal Record Search (vulnerable sector) is required prior to working with children in a school setting.
No instructor training opportunities are currently available. Contact Ryan Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to add your name to the list of potential instructors.