Curl BC works with a number of organizations that support curling in the province.
These groups can apply to become Affiliated Associations (Associate Members) of Curl BC. As an Affiliated Association, a group can take advantage of many of the same benefits as Curl BC member facilities, including access to specialist technical advice and educational and marketing materials.
As stated in Curl BC bylaw 10, any association or organized group whose purpose is the advancement or development of the sport of curling and whose members are affiliated curlers, but the group is not eligible to become a member facility, may apply to Curl BC governors for membership in the society. The Affiliated Associations (Associate Members) are entitled to all the privileges of membership in the society, save and except voting at any meeting of the society.
Curl BC is delighted to have the following groups as Affiliated Associations for 2015-16.
- BC Deaf Sports Federation
- BC Firefighters Curling Association
- BC High School Curling Association
- BC Police Curling Association
- BC Interior Masters Curling Association
- North Shore Curling Association
- Optimist Junior Interclub Curling League
- Pacific Coast Masters Curling Association
For more information on becoming an Affiliated Association, call or email Penny Bartel, Participation Manager at Curl BC, at email@example.com or 604-333-3620.