Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling is bringing the world’s top curlers to Victoria for the Elite 10.
Sportsnet’s broadcast coverage of the event, live from Victoria’s Q Centre at West Shore Parks & Recreation, begins Thursday, March 17 at 11:30 a.m. PT on Sportsnet and can be streamed through the Sportsnet mobile app and Sportsnet.ca/ now. (Full broadcast schedule below).
As previously announced, this year’s edition of the Elite 10 features a unique twist with the competition field featuring nine of the top men’s teams in the world as well as women’s world-ranked No. 1 Team Homan. Fans can catch Homan’s first match of the event against Team Epping on Thursday, March 17 at 4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet.
With a $100,000 purse up for grabs, the four-day event will have the teams competing in a match play format where each game is decided by the number of ends a team wins. In addition to Homan, fans will be cheering on world ranked No. 1 Team McEwen (Winnipeg) who will look to defend the inaugural Elite 10 title against last year’s runner-up Team Edin (Karlstad, Sweden), as well as National winner Team Gushue (St. John’s, NL), and recently crowned 2016 Brier champ Team Koe (Calgary). For full details on the event and its format, please visit www.thegrandslamofcurling.com.
Broadcast and Draw Schedule – Elite 10
Thursday, March 17
• Round Robin, 11:30 a.m. PT, (Sportsnet)
• Round Robin, 4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, West and Pacific)
• Round Robin, 7:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet)
Friday, March 18
• Round Robin, 11:30 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)
• Round Robin, 3 p.m. PT (Sportsnet)
• Round Robin, 7:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East & Ontario, joined in progress on West and Pacific)
Saturday, March 19
• Quarter-finals, 1 p.m. PT (Sportsnet)
• Semifinals, 7:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet)
Sunday, March 20
• Final, 1 p.m. PT (Sportsnet)