Curl BC Annual Awards are intended to recognize and honour individuals, teams and businesses for their outstanding contribution to the sport of curling in British Columbia.
Anyone may submit a nomination although some awards require the endorsement of an appropriate Curl BC Regional Representative, or a Curl BC Governor. We encourage all curlers to submit nominations for Annual Awards.
Nominations for consideration may be submitted either by following the appropriate link to an online form, or by completing the nomination form and submitting it by fax or surface mail.
Before you start a nomination online, be sure that you have the following information at hand:
- Nominee’s name: Individual name or name of all team members (if a team is being nominated)
- Contact Information: Mailing address, email address and phone number for the nominee. If you are nominating a team, you will need this for all the members of the team.
- Previous Curling Season Awards require their achievements in the previous curling season (2013-14) as the award is based solely on that year’s achievements. Cumulative curling career achievements are not considered. What events did the individual participate in? What was their standing?
Deadline for Nominations for Annual Curl BC Awards is April 30th. Nominations will not be accepted after April 30th.
Criteria for Curl BC’s Annual Awards:
The following descriptions provide the primary criteria for each of the Curl BC Annual Awards.
Awards can be divided into the following categories:
1) Previous Curling Season Annual Awards
* Team of the Year, Master Curler/Team of the Year, Coach of the Year, Official of the Year, Jr. & Adult Female & Male Athlete of the Year, Athlete with a Disability
2) Annual Service Awards
* Sponsor, Curling Centre of the Year, Club Volunteer
3) Long Service Awards
* Builder, Long Service Volunteer, Youth & Jr. Curling Program Volunteer
4) Exceptional Service Awards
* Curl BC Friendship, Customer Service
5) CCA Awards
* Award of Achievement, Ray Kingsmith Executive of the Year, Volunteer of the Year, President’s Recognition Certificate, Canadian Curling Hall of Fame