2014-15 Community Coach Workshop Calendar
|Event type||Date||Location||Entry deadline|
|Club Coach||Sept 27-28||Coquitlam||Sept 21st|
|Club Coach||TBA||Prince Rupert||TBA|
|Club Coach||TBA||Prince George||TBA|
|Club Coach||Nov 15-16||Princeton Curling Club||Nov 8 2014|
Please Click on date to Register.
For future workshop opportunities, contact Will Sutton at email@example.com.
Unsure of your coach certification details? Look up your NCCP Coaching transcript online on the Coaches Association of Canada’s database; the locker.
Club Coach/Instructor Workshop (2-day or approx. 14 hours - $134.40 including taxes)
The Club Coach/Instructor Workshop focuses on the club curler. This program is designed to enhance the skill set of the coach/instructor who function primarily at the club level, be it with beginner curlers from youth to master age groups.
- making ethical decisions and emergency action plans
- volunteer recruitment and recognition
- curling technique, skill analysis & intro in strategy
- starting a junior program
- coaching teams to their first bonspiel
- working with special interest groups and lots more
Club Coach Youth Workshop (1-day or approx. 7 hours - $50.00 + taxes)
The philosophy of this workshop is to create a safe, fun and positive learning environment for kids. Participants will learn how to create an environment in which kids will have a positive learning experience while gaining basic curling skills. This one-day workshop is ideal for parents and volunteers involved in club-based junior curling programs. Youth as young as 14 years of age may register for this workshop.
- running junior programs
- making ethical decisions
- emergency action plans
- volunteer recruitment & recognition
- basic technique, games, skills, activities and lots more