2013-14 Community Coach Workshop Calendar
|Event Type||Date||Location||Entry Deadline|
Please check back for more scheduled courses in the New Year.
Unsure of your coach certification details? Look up your NCCP Coaching transcript online on the Coaches Association of Canada’s database; the locker.
Club Coach/Instructor Workshop (2-day or approx. 14 hours - $134.40 including taxes)
The Club Coach/Instructor Workshop focuses on the club curler. This program is designed to enhance the skill set of the coach/instructor who function primarily at the club level, be it with beginner curlers from youth to master age groups.
- making ethical decisions and emergency action plans
- volunteer recruitment and recognition
- curling technique, skill analysis & intro in strategy
- starting a junior program
- coaching teams to their first bonspiel
- working with special interest groups and lots more
Club Coach Youth Workshop (1-day or approx. 7 hours - $50.00 + taxes)
The philosophy of this workshop is to create a safe, fun and positive learning environment for kids. Participants will learn how to create an environment in which kids will have a positive learning experience while gaining basic curling skills. This one-day workshop is ideal for parents and volunteers involved in club-based junior curling programs. Youth as young as 14 years of age may register for this workshop.
- running junior programs
- making ethical decisions
- emergency action plans
- volunteer recruitment & recognition
- basic technique, games, skills, activities and lots more
** Old Coaching Certification must be transferred to the NEW system by 2014 to avoid having it expire **